10-Key Scoring Item
A 10-key item can be used to provide the examinee with 10 strings of 8 numeric characters each, the examinee will be required to type the 10 strings and press enter after each string.
The 10-Key Scoring Item requires 2 items, to setup follow the steps below
Item 1: A Passage Item for the 10 strings for the Examinee to type will be captured. To setup this part of the 10-Key Item follow the steps below:
- Create a Passage Item (Features)
- The Passage should be used to write instructions for the examinee regarding the item.
- Add an Essay With Plain Text Item - in the Compose Question field provide the numbers to be typed by examinee
- Go to About tab and check 10-key scoring item checkbox
- Enter a penalty (in seconds) in the Penalty for 10-key scoring item field
- Save item
Note: When checking reports which contain scores (for example Examinee Session Detailed Report), the score for 10-key item will be the amount of time spent on the item with penalty added for any mistakes made.