An Asset refers to a multimedia or image file. In Assess.ai, assets are reusable resources in contrast with being inserted into every item. An example: if you are developing a lot of math items, the basic two-dimensional grid of x and y might be used in 80 different items; with Assess.ai, you upload the image (x and y grid) once and then attach it to each item where the image is referred to.
Assets are nested inside Item Banks, however, can be flagged as Available Globally to allow for sharing of Assets between Item Banks. (See note below on making Assets Available Globally).
Assets also have their own metadata fields.
Supported file types for Logo / Profile Image
jpg, jpeg, png
Supported file size for Logo / Profile Image
Supported file types for Assets
jpg, jpeg, png, mp3, mp4
Supported file size for Asset
To manage the Assets of an item bank, click on the Item Bank and then click on the Assets Tab (top of screen). A list of existing assets and search/filter functionality to manage the assets will be displayed (see below).
Adding an Asset:
- Click the red Add Asset button
- Select the file to upload by selecting the Yellow Paper Clip Icon
- Enter Asset Name
- Enter Asset Description
- Select any Tags associated with the Asset (Note: Assets Tags are used for ease of use and referencing. See note on Tags.)
- Select Add
Marking an Asset as Available Globally
- Select the Asset using the checkbox to the left of the Asset name
- Click on the Available / Unavailable Button:
- Available Globally Assets will be indicated by the Globe Icon
Adding an Asset to an Item
To add an asset to an Item you will need to either select an existing Item or Add a new Item.
Open the Item editor
Click anywhere in the Stem / Question Block for the Tool Bar Menu
Image Asset: - select the image icon
Select the Asset: -
Other types of Assets
To insert Audio, Visual or Feature Assets select the calculator / music note icon
- YouTube: enter the Source URL and Heading
- Vimeo: enter the Source URL and Heading
- Hosted Video: Upload or Record Video and enter the Heading