A session is the scheduling of a test for examinees. Sessions has been separated from the Tests and Examinees, to make those two options more reusable.
For example; a Biology Final Exam that is used twice per year but does not change, but there are new examinees each time. The Session workflow allows the user to select a set of examinees and assign them to a test in this manner.
There are many additional options regarding how the test is being scheduled/delivered, which makes the Sessions Module powerful and flexible.
The Sessions module contains practical options about how the test is to be delivered.
- Display an instruction screen before the test starts
- Post-test score report for examinees
- Time limited to a date window or ongoing
- One or multiple tests in one sitting
- Ability to deliver:
- Standard Independent Tests
- Multistage Dependent Tests
Scalable Security Options
The Sessions module is designed to implement the scalable security concept by specifying how examinees interact with the test, including important questions:
- Are we limiting the session to a certain group of examinees or opening it to everyone?
- Is the test available as an open URL link, only accessible with test code (password), accessible by a student entering their student ID number, or linked to scheduling from an LMS or other systems?
- Is the test available for a specific time window (e.g. 9-12 AM on Saturday, 2 December 2023)?
- Is the test delivered with the extra security of a lock-down browser?
- Allow an Examinee to Retake a session.
The Sessions module also contains a progress dashboard, which is used to perform administrative tasks (e.g. exporting data, reporting).