For a new user, the best way to start is by running the sample files that come with the software. This will provide experience with the necessary steps to run the program after the input files have been successfully made. Attached to this page are three sets of sample files.
- Multiple choice (MC) only
- Control: 40 items in 3 domains with 2 items per domain set as Pretest.
- Data: 500 examinees with groups as Male/Female
- Mixed format test (MC and partial credit)
- Control: 50 MC items and 10 partial credit items. Intended to simulate an educational exam where there are a large number of multiple-choice items and a few constructed response items.
- Data: 60 examinees with groups as ethnicity (White, Black, Hispanic, Asian)
- Rating scale (RS) only
- Control: 20 items with 5 point Likert scale
- Data: 1000 examinees with groups as Male/Female
To run the sample files, follow these steps, one step for each tab.
- Specify your files. You can name your output file whatever you like.
- Change any of the Scoring options you wish.
- Change any of the Output options you wish.
If everything is set up correctly, you will see a message on the bottom of the screen that the analysis is running. When the output is ready, it will be on your notifications page.