This article describes the process of installing LockDown Browser Respondus Inc. (Weblock) on an iPad for Assess.ai.
LockDown Browser Respondus Inc. (Weblock) is a special program that locks down an iPad while you take a test, so that you cannot surf for answers on the internet, or take screenshots of secure exam content. This protects the integrity and validity of the exam.
You must download LockDown Browser Respondus Inc. (Weblock) before you take the exam, if your sponsor has required it. You can uninstall it as soon as you are done.
LockDown Browser Respondus Inc. (Weblock) is available on the AppStore.
1. Download LockDown Browser Respondus Inc. (Weblock) from the AppStore.
2. Select Open
3. Select Institution message: if there are no Institutions listed open a new browser.
4. Open a new Browser
5. Enter the URL that would have been given by the Examining Body: e.g. abctestingcompany.assess.ai
6. Enter the Test Code on the Examinee Login Page. A Test Code is 12 characters - 3 letters and 9 numbers (e.g. ABC123456789).
7. Click on START TEST
8. Select Step 2 - Launch Weblock
9. Open in "LockDown"? - Select Open
10. Confirm the App Self-Lock - Select Yes to Confirm
11. The Test will now Load
12. Once the Test is complete, follow the following instructions:
- Click on Review
- Review any questions (if there is still time available)
- Click on Finish
- Submit Test - Click on Next - to proceed to the next test, or to end the session.
- Submit Test - Select Yes to Submit Test
9. Exit the Browser.