This article describes the process of installing WebLock (lockdown browser) ONLY for FastTest. If you are using the Assess.ai platform you must follow the instructions here.
WebLock is a special program that locks down the computer while you take a test, so that you can't surf for answers on the internet, or take screenshots of secure exam content. This protects the integrity and validity of the exam.
You must install WebLock before you can take the exam, if your sponsor has required it. You can uninstall it as soon as you are done.
(Available for both Windows and Mac)
1. In the Examinee log in page, enter the test code
2. This page will appear and click on Step 1: Install FastTest Weblock
3. Download and install Weblock/LockDown Browser to your machine
Follow and complete the installation process
4. Go back to the examinee log in page and click on Step 2: Launch Weblock
5. A pop-up will appear, click on Open LockDown Browser OEM
6. Another pop up will appear and click on "Kill these applications"
Need to close all the running apps before launching FastTest Weblock.
7. The test will launch, at the end of the test, do not forget to click on "I Am Done" button.
Note: Please make sure that you have installed the latest version of the Weblock browser to avoid any issues.
You can also download the weblock browser through this link: https://app.fasttestweb.com/FastTest/browserlockdown/app#/weblock/download
Reminder: This works for FastTest exams only! Assess.ai exams must use this page.
As a last option for troubleshooting weblock, try to uninstall the anti-virus and reinstall it after the exam.