In addition to commenting, item reviewers are able to enter data about an item through the use of custom item fields. To learn how to define custom item fields used for review, see Custom Fields on the Workspace page.
- To review an item, right click an item in the item list and select Review Item.
- A dialog will appear that shows the item alongside the input fields (Figure 3.16).
- Each reviewer will have his or her values saved for each item.
- The check box labeled “Automatically save when clicking next or previous” will make reviewing faster by allowing users to enter values and immediately continue reviewing without being prompted to save.
- Users are also provided with a check box labeled “Show Answer Key” and can choose to turn the feature on or off.
The data for a specific custom field can be exported in a CSV for all items in a bank and/or category.
- Simply right click the bank or category containing the items that have been reviewed, and select Export → Review Field.
- A dialog will appear that allows you to select the custom field that you want to export.
Note: only custom item fields used for review will appear here. In the generated CSV, each row represents an item and each column represents a user.
Searching for Items
FastTest has extensive item search capabilities. You can search for items that you want to find for editing purposes, or if you have a test open, you can search for items to be added to a test.
- The item search options are accessed from the area in the upper right of the Item Explorer bank view (not when an item is already open for editing).
- There is a quick search box immediately available, which searches for the specified string in the item’s name, description, keywords, author, and source.
- The Advanced Search link brings up a new dialog (Figure 3.17) to search on additional fields.
- This dialog is useful in test assembly, as you can search for items that meet your statistical/psychometric specifications.
- Advanced searches can be saved by clicking Save at the bottom of the dialog.
- To access saved searches open the Advanced Search and click Open at the bottom of the dialog.