When you click on the Add Session button to create a new session, or click on an existing session, you will enter the Edit Session interface.
The workflow of this process is shown at the top of the screen.
The workflow is designed for the purpose of quality control and validity documentation; further, the workflow breaks the complex process of publishing a test into smaller, more manageable chunks.
1. Info Workflow
The first step in the workflow allows you to name the session and provide a description or alternate ID. This is also where you will assign tags to the session (e.g. grade level, subject, or school year).
The Session Type is to define the type of Session e.g. Standard (independent tests) or MulitStage (dependent tests).
2. Pre-Session Workflow
This step allows you define a pre-session screen for examinees that will be taking this test online. You have a full rich text editor with formatting and the ability to insert objects, including the following:
- Your organizations logo
- Instructions to the examinee
- What to expect during the test
- Confidentiality agreement and/or reminder to preserve academic integrity
Note: If a Pre-Session Message is not included a warning message will be displayed when saving the Session.
3. Tests Workflow
This step allows you to select the test(s) to be delivered. Use the Search/Filters: fields on the left to find the test you need, then drag over to the right.
4. Post-Session Workflow
The Post-Session workflow is a rich text editor to define the screen that is shown to the examinee at the end of a test. What makes this one unique is that you can insert dynamic values.
Use the drop-down menus on the right under Insertable Fields to select the placeholder, and the actual value for the examinee will be displayed (e.g. ID number or test score).
5. Delivery Workflow
The next step is to define the Security / Delivery options for the Test Session.
Start Date and Time: Select the Date and Time that the test session will begin.
End Date and Time: The default End Date and Time is set to 7 days after the Start Date and Time.
Note: the times are UTC, please ensure that you coordinate with local times, especially if you are delivering across multiple time zones. The date and time displayed on screen will be for the users Time Zone.
The date format is: mm-dd-yyyy. The clock format is 24 hours.
- WebLock: Deliver the Test with WebLock enabled.
- Other WebLock articles:
- Time Limit: this is set in minutes.
- Allow extra time for specified examinees with this multiplier: extra time for examinees.
- 1 = Time Allocation of Test e.g. 60 minutes
- 1.5 = Time Allocation of Test plus a half e.g. 90 minutes
- Select Examinees that require extra time by going to Examinees and check the Allow Extra Time Check Box
- Allow Examinees to re-enter the session: this will allow an examinee to exit a test session and re-enter at a later date and/or time.
- Language: Select the Language delivery of the Test. Note: this choice does not affect the items in the test.
- Allow notepad: Select if the examinee is allowed to use scratch paper during the test.
6. Access Workflow
There are two methods that examinees can use to access a test session.
- With increased security: Capture / Import all examinees ahead of time and generate unique Test Codes that can be distributed to the examinees or to proctors/teachers.
- With reduced security: Publish the session as a Group URL (open link or group code). The examinees will then enter this group code and register to take the test. An additional layer of security can be enabled by requesting the examinee enter an ID number as confirmation.
The Email Screen:
This step allows you define an email that will be sent to the examinees informing them that there is a test session for them. You have a full rich text editor with formatting and the ability to insert objects, including the following:
- Your organizations logo
- Test Code (e.g. ABC-123-456-789)
- Test Session Name
Use the drop-down menus on the right hand side of the screen under Insertable Fields to select the placeholder, and the actual value for the examinee will be displayed (e.g. Test Name, Test Session Name).
7. Examinees Workflow
If you selected the option to assign examinees, you will use Examinees workflow to drag-and-drop to move a single examinee from the left to the right, as shown below. For larger scenarios, you might use the filter functionality and then Add all. For example, you might search for all examinees tagged as 7th Grade and assign them to the 7th Grade End of Year Benchmark Test for Math.
Allow extra time: select examinees that have extra time.
Once you have completed all these options, click Save & Exit (bottom left of screen).
Note: you can Save & Exit at any point and return later to complete the process.