When you click on the Add Session button to create a new session, or click on an existing session, you will enter the Edit Session interface.
The workflow of this process is shown at the top of the screen.
The workflow is designed for the purpose of quality control and validity documentation; further, the workflow breaks the complex process of publishing a test into smaller, more manageable chunks.
1. Info Workflow
The first step in the workflow allows you to name the session and provide a description or alternate ID. This is also where you will assign tags to the session (e.g. grade level, subject, or school year).
The Session Type is to define the type of Session e.g. Standard (independent tests) or MulitStage (dependent tests).
- Session Name - The Session ID
- Description - A detailed description of the session (optional)
- Add Your Own Session ID - Internal ID for the Session (optional)
- Add Tag - Any tags associated with the session
- Session Type - Standard Independent Test(s) or MultiStage (dependent tests) used for IRT Tests
- Treat the tests in the Session as Alternate forms - Multiple Tests can be added to a session, when a candidate is allowed a retake of the Session this selection will deliver an alternate test to the candidate.
2. Pre-Session Workflow
This step allows you define a pre-session screen for examinees that will be taking this test online. You have a full rich text editor with formatting and the ability to insert objects, including the following:
- Your organizations logo
- Instructions to the examinee
- What to expect during the test
- Confidentiality agreement and/or reminder to preserve academic integrity
Note: If a Pre-Session Message is not included a warning message will be displayed when saving the Session.
3. Tests Workflow
This step allows you to select the test(s) to be delivered. Use the Search/Filters: fields on the left to find the test you need, then click and drag over to the right.
4. Post-Session Workflow
The Post-Session workflow is a rich text editor to define the screen that is shown to the examinee at the end of a test. This message can include dynamic values.
Use the drop-down menus on the right under Insertable Fields to select the placeholder, and the actual value for the examinee will be displayed (e.g. ID number or Test Score).
5. Delivery Workflow
The next step is to define the Security / Delivery options for the Test Session.
Start Date and Time: Select the Date and Time that the test session will begin.
End Date and Time: The default End Date and Time is set to 7 days after the Start Date and Time.
Note: the times are UTC, please ensure that you coordinate with local times, especially if you are delivering across multiple time zones. The date and time displayed on screen will be for the users Time Zone.
The date format is: mm-dd-yyyy. The clock format is 24 hours.
- WebLock: Deliver the Test with WebLock enabled.
- Allow backward navigation: Select if examinee is allowed to return to previous section of a test.
- Allow notepad: Select if the examinee is allowed to use scratch paper during the test.
- Allow Examinees to re-enter the session: select to allow an examinee to exit a test session and re-enter at a later date and/or time.
- Note: this option is defaulted to Yes
- Allow Examinees to re-take this session: select to allow an examinee to re-take this session.
- retake with one test in the session: the same test will be delivered to the candidate for as many times as there are retakes.
- retake with Alternate Tests in the Session: an alternate test will be delivered each time the candidate enters the session as a retake candidate.
- The Alternate Test delivery is dependent on the selection on the Session Info Screen :Treat the test in this Session as Alternate forms.
- Each time the candidate re-enters the session with the above settings an alternate test will be delivered.
- Select the number of retakes permitted for the session (1 - 5)
- Time Limit: this is set in minutes -
- Note: time limit not available if 'Treat the tests in this Session as alternate forms' is selected on the Info Screen
- Session Timer to continue if examinee exits the test without Submitting: select if the test timer must continue even when the examinee is not in the session.
- Note: Session time to continue - not available if 'Treat the tests in this Session as alternate forms' is selected on the Info Screen
- Language: Select the Language delivery of the Test. Note: this choice does not affect the items in the test.
6. Access Workflow
There are two methods that examinees can use to access a test session.
- With increased security: Capture / Import all examinees ahead of time and generate unique Test Codes that can be distributed to the examinees or to proctors/teachers.
- With reduced security: Publish the session as a Group URL (open link or group code). The examinees will then enter this group code and register to take the test. An additional layer of security can be enabled by requesting the examinee enter an ID number as confirmation.
The Email Screen:
This step allows you define an email that will be sent to the examinees informing them that there is a test session for them. You have a full rich text editor with formatting and the ability to insert objects, including the following:
- Your organizations logo
- Test Code (e.g. ABC-123-456-789)
- Test Session Name
Use the drop-down menus on the right hand side of the screen under Insertable Fields to select the placeholder, and the actual value for the examinee will be displayed (e.g. Test Name, Test Session Name).
7. Examinees Workflow
If you selected the option to assign examinees, you will use Examinees workflow to drag-and-drop to move a single examinee from the left to the right, as shown below. For larger scenarios, you might use the filter functionality and then Add all. For example, you might search for all examinees tagged as 7th Grade and assign them to the 7th Grade End of Year Benchmark Test for Math.
Examinee Import Template
- Go to Examinees
- Select Download Template
Note: this download will be available in the downloads folder and not via the User Notifications
The data for the import template is as above. The mandatory fields are First Name and Last Name.
Capture the Examinee Data to be imported.
- Go to Session
- Add a new Session
- On the Examinee Tab select Import
- Select the Examinee Spreadsheet
- The following message will display during the import process:
- Notifications will indicate if the import was successful.
NOTE: Imported Examinees will be listed in the Examinees Module.
Allow extra time: select examinees that have extra time.
For examinees that have an extra time concession, check the Allow extra time checkbox and enter the amount of additional time.
Test Time : 60 mins
Time Multiplier: 1.5
Total time including extra time: 90 mins
Once you have completed all these options, click Save & Exit (bottom left of screen).
Note: you can Save & Exit at any point and return later to complete the process.