Suppose you want to create a multi-part item, like a reading passage or scenario with several related questions, or a two-stage item where you ask a question and then a follow-up question for the student to explain their reasoning. Assess.ai provides functionality to set this up inside a single item rather than creating several separate items.
- Create a new item.
- Enter a name for the Item
- Click on the Plus Sign to select the Type of Item
- To add a Passage Item click on the Features button
- Click on the Passage Item Type
- Enter a Heading and Content for the Passage
- Note: Images and Video's can also be used within the Passage Items
- To begin adding questions about the passage/video to this item, click the Plus (+) sign on the Edit Item screen and continue as you would when creating a normal item.
- The layout of the questions can be modified by clicking on Settings.
- Choose a layout that works with the passage and items. Remember that your organization may have policies that dictate which layout you must choose. Check with your site administrator if you have questions. For example, you can change the layout to have the questions on the right.
You may continue adding questions by clicking the Plus (+) symbol. Clicking beneath the passage will enter questions below the passage, while clicking the Plus (+) below existing questions will add them to the right of the passage.