Editing an Item (unlocked item)
Items that are not in a locked test will be indicated by a blue open lock icon.
Content and About information can be edited when an item in not locked.
- Click on the name of the item within the Item Bank.
- Click on the Edit/Preview toggle button and ensure Edit is highlighted (not Preview). Hover over the Pencil icon and select Edit. Make the necessary changes.
- Click the blue Save button inside the item editor panel. This will save the changes you made to the item content.
- Click on About Information to Edit non statistical information about the item.
5. Click on Statistics to edit any statistical information about the item.
6. Click on History to view the Item history.
Note: Click the Save & Exit button at any time to Save and Exit the Edit Item screen.
Editing a Locked Item
Items that are included in a Locked test will be indicated by a red lock icon.
The content of a locked item can be edited. Please take note of the messaging on the screen when making edits to the Item Content.
If the edit to the item would affect the scoring of the an examinee who has previously seen and answered the item please rescore the session by going to the Session View Screen and select Rescore.
* = can be edited when Item is locked.
|Item ID||Name of Item (Alpha Numeric)|
|Author||Name of the Item Author|
|Created on||Date Item created|
|Description||Full description of the Item|
|Typing Scoring Item||Items that are used to test typing speed. Creating a Typing Test Item|
|10 Key Scoring Item||Items that are used to test 10 key typing. Creating a 10-Key Scoring Item|
|Enemy items *||Any item that must not be used with this item in a test.|
|Depth of Knowledge *||Depth of Knowledge level|
|Status *||Status of Item: New, Active, Retired, Review|
|Source *||Source information about the item|
|Add Tag *||Tag the Item for easy reference. How do I use tags?|
All information of the Statistics Screen can be edited when an Item is locked:
Creating a New Version of an Item
This function is used when the item requires a re-write. The New Version will replace the existing Version of the Item.
It is important to NOTE that if the Re-Versioned Item is in an existing test, the test will have to be edited or duplicated and the New Version of the Item inserted into the test.
To create a New Version of an Item:
1. Select the Item
2. Select the New Version button
The item version will be indicated on the Item History Screen.
Article is closed for comments.