A rubric is used to evaluate all open ended response questions in our platform, these can be short answers and essays. If your test includes these type of questions then you must attach a rubric to each of these items. Once the rubric is in use you cannot delete or modify it from the Item Marker. However, one item can have multiple rubrics and at any point in time you will be able to add or delete a rubric from the item.
- Step 1: Go to the "Item Marker" tab and click on "Rubrics"
- Step 2: Click the "New" button to create a rubric
- Step 3: Enter a name and description
- Step 4: Click "Create Score"
- Step 5: Enter a name and score. You may also enter brief description and an explanation for grading.
- Step 6: To delete a score check the box on the left of the score and click "Delete"
- Step 7: Repeat steps 4 and 5 as many times as needed and when you are done click "Save".
Note: Your rubric will appear under administration until you have assigned the rubric to an item and the item has been delivered to an examinee. For questions on how to do this click here